Pages

Saturday 20 August 2011

Falling in Love with Twitter!

It's not like I live under a rock and had not heard of Twitter or heard people rave about it,  but it just seamed that every time I looked at it, I saw a huge jumble of insanity.  Like trying to follow 100 conversations at once.  But this summer, actually this week, I read a post by Sylvia Duckworth on her website:
 
Dear Foreign Language Teacher:
If you were on Twitter...
 
Let me tell you, I learned a tone just watching the presentation she put together.  I learned so much that I signed up again for Twitter.  This time was different though, I had been shown the treasure that existed on Twitter, and so I began to look for resources online to help use Twitter.  I sat quietly at home watching my first #ntchat, and as I watch, I saw the magic of Twitter, I saw all the amazing teacher talking about things I was passionate about.  Never had I imagined that Twitter was this wonderful.  So to Sylvia Duckworth a huge thank you for showing me what I was missing.  This served not only as a push for me to try something new, but a lesson I will carry into my classroom this fall.  
 
Learning something new is something intimidating and scary but it is so worth taking the plunge.    
 
Cheers! 
Mme Jones

1 comment:

  1. Hi Crystal, I love your blog and its design! Thanks for the nice words about my Twitter presentation. Glad it convinced you to sign up! Keep up the great work!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS