Pages

Monday 15 August 2011

I ditched my desk!

After 4 years of saying I just wish I didn't have a desk, I finally took the leap today and asked the custodian to please remove my desk from my room.  I cannot wait to go back and see it gone. 

I truly believe that it will help me be more engaged with my students.  I have found over the last few years that I sometimes find myself stuck behind it.  When kids have questions, one walks up to the desk and then suddenly I have a huge line and I'm not walking about the room anymore.  I am sure other challenges will come up with this new setup, like where on earth am I going to keep all MY stuff, but I feel the benefits for my students will make it all worth while.  

When I am done setting up I will post pictures of my new room, sans desk! 

Wish me luck,
Mme Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS