Pages

Sunday 18 September 2011

Ready for week 3!

I cannot believe the first two weeks of classes are already over.  This last week was just like a huge roller coaster ride for me.  Let me give you the break down. 

1. Monday, start talking in French all the time in class with students.  Woohoo! Huge success very little resistance.  I am thrilled with progress I am making.
2. Tuesday, find out ipods/ipads will be ready for use early next week!  YAY!  I am excited for my intermediate students to create media projects en français.
3. Wednesday, find out that I have been surplus and will likely be moving school.  Stress levels hit an all time high.  I love my new school and really do not want to move.
4. Thursday, find out that principal has worked some kind of magic by talking with the board about the effects of losing a teacher on our school.  I get to stay at my school!  Hooray! 
5. Friday, busy day followed by long trip to meet my brand new little niece.  Awwww. 

So everything was fairly positive except for that huge hit on Wednesday.  I have to say that I am so excited to have amazing administration at my school this year.  My principal stands behind each of us on staff and really puts the well being of all our students at the forefront of all he does.  And for that, I am extremely grateful.  

This week I know that things will continue to come together as students acquire more vocabulary and really get the chance to communicate with their peers en français.  I never would have guessed that students would be so enthusiastic.  I was thrilled this week when I slipped up in my 5/6 class and said a few words in English, one of my students immediately said: "Mme tu parles en anglais!"  I took the opportunity to have the entire class remind me to talk in French just like I would do to them.  It was an amazing moment for them and me!  

Have a great week everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. I've listed you on my blogroll, because French teacher blogs are so few and far between! I hope you return to blogging some time soon! I'd love to hear more about your experiences, even though I'm not an AIM teacher. :-)

    Teaching FSL

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS