Pages

Thursday 5 July 2012

2011-2012 Reflections

I have to say, I started the 2011-2012 school year with high hopes.  I really thought this would be the year I taught all in French, this would be the year I would bring authentic learning into my classroom and that this would be my best year yet!  Well I did a few of those things. 

1 - I had the best year!  I had a lighter load than I normally do and I must admit it was divine.  I had only Core French to focus on and I love it!  This was my best year because I learned to love Core French and all it had to offer.  I had historically been an extended French teacher and was really worried it would not be as much fun. 

2- I did not teach in all French but I learned something important.  I am my own worst enemy when it comes to this one.  Just as my students are starting to get it, I throw in a English word here, a sentence there and then BAM just like that we're not talking in French!  Honestly, this is something I NEED to correct next year! 

3- Authentic learning did take place in my room this year.  I really tried to discuss topics that where interesting to my students and relevant to their lives.  We read stories, made connections and made big strides in terms of their confidence.  Next year, the challenge will be to teach in French as opposed to teaching French.  

Well, that's it my big summary of this year.  Stay tuned for my next post on a fantastic Tech Conference I attended this week and my thoughts on how to incorporate it into my FSL classes next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS