Pages

Friday 3 August 2012

Pinterest Inspiration!

Bonjour!

Can you believe August is already here?  I know that my summer is just flying by.  During the summer, who am I kidding all the time, I have spend a good too much time looking around the world of Pinterest to get inspiration and ideas for my FSL classroom.  Today I thought I'd share a few great boards and a few really great pins that I think can easily be adapted to the FSL classroom.     

Here are a few board I love!

 En français SVP , French Resources (7-12), French Resources (12-14) are a great boards full of French ressources which have been pinned by SunnyEarthAcademy.  You really should check out not only her boards but her blog!  Amazing educator with a true passion for second language learning!

KB Konnected  has several amazing boards with all kinds of teacher's resources.  All are worth checking out.  Some of my favourites are her Technology board and her Teacher blogs board.  She also has a great blog and can be followed on Twitter. Some of my

Tina Jordan has a tone of great pins for teachers to check out.  Unfortunately, Tina does not have a blog or a Twitter feed from what I can tell.  

Now for a few of my all time favourite pins! 

Sight Word Jenga!  I love this idea.  You put sight words on the Jenga blocks using a permanent marker.  Then as students play the game they have to use the word on their block in a sentence.  I plan on putting my FSL word wall words, based entirely on the AIM program, onto the blocks for a great activity for my students who always seem to finish early.  

Boggle boards! Yet another great game that can be played en français.  What a great way for students to reinforce words they are learning or to discover new ones with a little help.  Great enrichment activity for my students.

This art activity plus the use of an audio QR code.  What a great way for my junior students to start off the year.  They will each create one of these great self portraits and then create an audio QR code in which they introduce themselve to go with it.  My plan is to have these up for our open house.  Parents/visitors can scan the QR codes with their Smartphones or our school ipods and here our students talking in French!

These are just a few of my favourite pins and boards, I hope you enjoy exploring them.  Do you have favourite pins?  Do you use Pinterest to help you colllect/organize your classroom inspirations? 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS